Klare Lijn vzw attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and aims to respect your privacy. This privacy statement is intended to give you clear, transparent information about the data we collect and how we deal with personal data. We make every effort to guarantee your privacy, which is why we treat your personal data with care.
Klare Lijn vzw always complies with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. That means that, under all circumstances, we:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided. These purposes and the type of personal data involved are described in this privacy statement;
- limit your personal data to only the minimal data required for the purposes for which it is processed;
- ask for your explicit consent if we need it in order to process your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that the security of your personal data is guaranteed;
- do not pass on personal data to other parties unless this is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data was provided;
- are aware of your rights to your personal data, aim to inform you of them and respect them.
As Klare Lijn vzw, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or more generally, you have questions about this or would like to contact us, please do so using the following contact details:
Klare Lijn vzw
1070 Brussels (Anderlecht)
Telephone: 0493 50 40 60
Why we process personal data
Klare Lijn vzw processes your personal data for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- To send newsletters and invitations (consent of the person concerned)
- To follow up payments
For the purpose above, we can request (and store) the following personal data from you:
- your first name, surname, e-mail address, address, telephone number and bank account number.
We only use the data collected for the purposes for which we obtained the data.
Providing data to third parties
We are allowed to pass on the data you provide us with to third parties if this is necessary to fulfil the purposes described above. For example, we use a third party (Mailchimp) to store e-mail details in order to send newsletters and invitations.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not signed a processing contract. Of course we do make the necessary arrangements with the aforementioned third parties (processors) to ensure that your personal data is secure. Otherwise we will not pass on the data you provide to third parties unless this is legally required and permitted.
An example of this is if the police ask us for information including personal data in the context of an investigation. In such cases, we are obliged to cooperate and thus also obliged to provide this data.
We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us permission (in writing) to do so. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without this detracting from the legitimacy of the processing before consent was withdrawn.
We assume that people who share their data with us are more than 16 years old. If it should ultimately turn out that there are minors (people under the age of 16) involved, we will request written consent from their parent or legal representative.
Klare Lijn vzw will not store personal data for longer than five years for the purpose for which it was provided or legally required.
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data is protected from unauthorised processing. For example, we have taken the following measures:
- All persons who may become aware of your data in the name of Klare Lijn vzw are obliged to maintain confidentiality.
- We apply a user name and password policy on all our systems.
- We use pseudonymisation and encryption of personal data where this is warranted.
- We make back-ups of the personal data to be able to restore it in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
- Our staff are informed of the importance of protecting personal data.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right of access to and rectification or erasure of the personal data we have received from you. You can find out how to contact us at the top of this privacy statement. You can also contact us on the contact page of this website (www.klarelijn.be). To prevent misuse, we may ask you to provide adequate personal identification when you do so. To check your identity, we ask you to attach a copy of your identity card. We strongly advise that when you do this, you make your photograph invisible and include the statement that it is a copy.
You can also object to/protest against our processing of your personal data (or some of it). Additionally, you have the right to order us to transmit the data you have provided to you or directly to another party on your behalf. We may ask you to provide identification before we can comply with the aforesaid requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, please contact us about this matter directly. You always have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commission, which is the supervisory authority for the protection of privacy.
Changes to privacy statement
Klare Lijn vzw may make changes to its privacy statement. If it does so, the changes will be announced on our website. The latest change was made on 1 May 2018. Older versions of our privacy statement will be stored in our archive. Send us an e-mail if you would like to view them.
Example of summary version
Your personal data is processed by Klare Lijn vzw, Dorpsstraat 40, 1070 Brussels (Anderlecht) – email@example.com, for the organisation of activities based on the contractual relationship derived from your registration and in order to keep you up to date with our activities (direct marketing), on the basis of our legitimate interest in informing you as much as possible of our tours in Brussels.
If you do not want us to process your data (first name, surname and e-mail address) for direct marketing purposes, all you need to do is inform us of your wishes at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to use the same address to ask at any time what data about you we process, and to have it corrected or erased, or ask to have it transferred. You will find a more extensive overview of our policy on the processing of personal data at www.klarelijn.be). shortly.